Hi. Here’s a list of the latest SSLYBY news:
1. We’re recording a new album in Will’s attic. That’s where we recorded Broom. We’re going to release it sometime in the fall of 2013. Check out our Tumblr and Instagram for daily updates and pictures from the attic.
2. The U.S. State Department appointed us as cultural ambassadors to Russia in January 2013. The New York Times wrote a little article about it. Our friend Brook Linder is making a short documentary about our trip. We’ll screen it at the Moxie Cinema later this year and we’ll post it on Youtube after the screening.
3. We’re playing in our hometown in March and in Columbia, MO in April. Occassionally we’ll announce new shows in 2013, so keep checking back.
We’re currently working on new songs for a new album. We’re also playing in our hometown in March and in Columbia, MO in April. Occassionally we’ll announce new shows in 2013, so keep checking back.
In the meantime, here’s some SSLYBY related news:
- Phil started an 80s synth band called Dragon Inn 3 with his sister and Brook Linder (he directed several SSLYBY music videos).
- You can download their new EP for free or order a cassette through the mail. Here’s a little preview:
- John and Jonathan wrote music for a short film called “There Goes the Neighborhood.” It was recently featured on the front page of the AV CLUB.
- Will is teaching guitar lessons. You can email him if you’re interested in taking lessons in Springfield (Missouri).
Here’s a video of our Japanese tour. ありがとうございます。
We’re going to Asia. Special thanks to Yuya at MoorWoorks for booking the tour. Here are the dates:
6/28 Kashiwa - 616
6/29 Sendai - Birdland
6/30 Tokyo - Seco Bar
7/1 Kobe - Helluva Lounge
7/2 Matsuyama - Jett
7/3 Fukuoka - Rooms
7/4 Kumamoto - Navaro
7/5 Hiroshima - 414
7/6 Nagoya - KD JAPON
7/7 Osaka - ChikaIkkai
7/8 Tokyo - More Records (in store performance)
7/9 Tokyo - O-Nest
7/10 Tokyo - Shop
7/11 Tokyo - Hello Dolly
Visit these web sites for tickets and more information.
TAPE CLUB IS OUT NOW
Our new album Tape Club is out now. You can order it from our record label (Polyvinyl Records) and iTunes. It’s also available at independent record stores nationwide.
Order from Polyvinyl - http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/tapeclub
Order from iTunes - http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/itunes/tapeclub
Tape Club is available on the following formats:
Limited Edition 180-Gram Maroon 2xLP + Instant MP3:
(Limited to 500 copies, available only through the PV online store. Comes w/ free sticker and button. That’s the maroon vinyl above.)
180-Gram Black 2xLP + Instant MP3:
(Comes with free sticker and button.)
Limited Edition CD + Instant MP3:
(Limited to 3000 copies. Includes free sticker and button.)
T-Shirt + Instant MP3:
(Includes free button, sticker, and a download code for the whole album.)
What is Tape Club?
Answer: 26 SSLYBY songs recorded from 2001 to 2011. The songs are arranged chronologically, beginning with home demos and lost songs recorded in bedrooms from the Broom era and before, and continuing through to unreleased songs from the Chris Walla-produced Let It Sway sessions.
CRITICAL DRAIN MUSIC VIDEO
- The video for “Critical Drain” is on Youtube now, so you can watch it in HD. A lot of people have been asking how we made it, so I’m working on a “making of” video. It was directed by our main dog Brook “B-man” Linder.
NEW SONG “YELLOW MISSING SIGNS” DEBUTS ON ROLLING STONE
Rolling Stone has an exclusive download of our song “Yellow Missing Signs.”
Download “Yellow Missing Signs” on Rolling Stone